L. Louis Albert, MSW, LCSW
Chief Executive Officer
Mary Hoke, Ph.D., MSW, LCSW
Chief Operating Officer/ Chief Program Officer
Chief Financial Officer/Chief Administrative Officer
Judy Berkowitz, M.Ed.
Director, – Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry
Coordinator of Volunteers
Lori Goldberg, MSW, LCSW
Manager – Senior Services and Adults with Special Needs
Angela McManis, MSW, LMSW
Manager – Community Based Services
Steve Meinert, Ph.D.
Manager – Clinical Services
Ai Ling Nunn, MSW, LCSW
Manager of Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement
Rochelle Novack, M.Ed.
Coordinator of Intake Services
Our Clinical Staff
Kristin Ahlemeier-Olfe M.Ed., LPC
Kristin Ahlemeier-Olfe M.Ed., LPC is a Clinical Therapist at JF&CS. She earned her M.Ed. in Counseling from University of Missouri St. Louis in 1993. Ms. Ahlemeier-Olfe has extensive experience working with children, adolescents and their families at Edgewood, Epworth, Catholic Services, Division of Family Services contract work, and private practice. She is presently working in Intake at JF&CS and as a Clinical Therapist.
Ms. Ahlemeier-Olfe’s areas of expertise include:
- Intake and triage management
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Child abuse and neglect
- High risk youth
- Grief and loss among children, adolescents and their families
Toby Cremer, MSW, LCSW
Toby Cremer, MSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at Jewish Family & Children’s Service. Ms. Cremer earned her MSW from the Brown School of Social Work at Washington University. She has worked at JF&CS since 1987 holding a variety of positions including Coordinator of Counseling and Case Management for Older Adults, Supervisor of the Chaplaincy Program, and liaison for the Jewish Federation NORC program (Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities).
Ms. Cremer’s areas of expertise include working with:
- Older adults and adults with special needs on issues relating to independence and problems with everyday living
- Adults and couples coping with depression, anxiety, relationship issues, chronic pain, and physical illnesses
Steve Meinert, Manager Clinical Services, holds a Ph.D. in Counseling and Family Therapy from Saint Louis University and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from Southern Illinois University â€“ Edwardsville. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Missouri, a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Illinois, Board Certified Counselor, Diplomate, and Fellow through the American Psychotherapy Association. Professional experience includes: therapist at Provident, school counselor for Catholic Children’s Home in Alton, Illinois; private practice; clinical consultant and psychometrist for adults and children in residential agencies, administrator at St. Mary’s Children’s School through the Archdiocese of St. Louis; and administrative Unit Director for Beverly Farm Foundation in Godfrey, Illinois. Dr. Meinert has designed and initiated aggression management programs for adolescents in alternative school settings. Dr. Meinert has also completed certification for Cognitive Enhancement Therapy administered to adolescents.
Dr. Meinert’s areas of specialization include:
- Mediating child/parent/school issues via collaborative problem-solving
- Assisting students in establishing and meeting academic/career goals
- Providing family and couples therapy
- Offering psychological testing
- Being a certified coach in Cognitive Enhancement Therapy
Rochelle Novack, M.Ed
Rochelle Novack, M.Ed is the Coordinator of Intake Services at JF&CS. She earned an M.Ed (1976) in counseling from the University of Missouri â€“ St. Louis. She has worked at JF&CS since 1980 and held a number of administrative positions. In addition, Ms. Novack is the Coordinator of Psychiatry Services provided at JF&CS through the Family Mental Health Collaborative (FMHC).
Ms. Novack’s areas of expertise include:
- Intake and triage management
- Management information systems
- Quality assurance
- Compliance with accreditation standards
Esther Scharf, MSW, LCSW
Esther Scharf, MSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at JF&CS. Ms. Scharf earned an MSW (1993) from the Brown School of Social Work at Washington University and has worked at JF&CS since 1995. Ms. Scharf has specialized training in Meditation. Ms. Scharf is a member of the agency’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Consultation Team and is one of the facilitators of the DBT Skills Group.
Ms. Scharf’s areas of expertise include working with:
- Older adults, couples, and adults with serious and persistent mental health problems
- Mindfulness, meditation, and stress management techniques
- Older adults and adults with special needs at two HUD-funded facilities
Peter Walker MSW, LCSW
Peter Walker MSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at JF&CS. Mr. Walker earned an MSW (1980) from the Brown School of Social Work at Washington University and has worked at JF&CS since 1981. Mr. Walker is a member of the On-Site Psychosocial Team that provides a variety of services to children and adolescents at several community schools.
Mr. Walker’s areas of expertise and professional involvement include:
- DBT Consultation Team member and Skills Group presenter
- Trauma treatment using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Work with adoptees, birth parents, and adoptive parents
- Child and adolescent psychopathologyâ€¢ specialized training in Emotion-Focused Family and Couples Therapy
Evelyn Young, MSW, LCSW
Evelyn Young, MSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at JF&CS. Ms. Young earned an MSW (1976) from the St. Louis University School of Social Work. She has worked at JF&CS since 1976 and held a number of positions as Coordinator of the Homemaker, New American and Financial Assistance Programs. In addition, Ms. Young is fluent in both German and French.
Ms. Young’s areas of expertise include working with:
- Older adults and their families on issues related to independence, psychosocial functioning, and problems with everyday living
Holocaust survivors and severely mentally ill adults.
- Adults coping with depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and illnesses such as cancer or diabetes
Advanced training in DBT and emotion focused therapy