Food Donations for the Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry
The Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry food donation acceptance guidelines are as follows:
Most Needed Items
- cereal (please avoid sugary cereals)
- canned vegetables (e.g. corn, green beans, peas, carrots)
- canned beans (e.g. kidney beans)
- pasta sauce
- tomato products (e.g. diced tomatoes, Manwich)
- tuna/canned chicken
- chili, beef stew, and protein-rich foods
- peanut butter
Most Needed Personal Care Items
- adult incontinence products
- feminine hygiene products
Most Needed Dental Care Items
Items We Don’t Accept
Soup or Rice Kits:
- We no longer accept food kits (rice or soup, etc.) assembled by schools or other organizations unless they are done under the direction of a health inspector and utilize the products and equipment of a certified food donation assembly company.
- For young children and other groups wanting a hands-on food donation project, we suggest other options such as assembling “grab and go” snack bags with food that is in its original packaging. This could include items such as granola bars, small boxes of raisins, and applesauce.
- Food that is very high in sodium such as dehydrated soup/meals. This includes items such as Ramen Noodles, Nissin Cup Noodles, or Maruchan Instant Lunch
- Canned or boxed food that is past the “sell by”, “use by”, “best by”, or “expired” dates
- Severely dented cans
- Open containers
- Leftovers from a family meal or event
- Medications, vitamins, or supplements
If uncertain, prospective donors should contact the pantry at (314) 513-1672 with any questions. For inquiries about food drives please contact Erica Steen, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-513-1673.
Your donations may be eligible for the Missouri Food Pantry Tax Credit (FPT). To find out visit https://dor.mo.gov/taxcredit/fpt.php.
For tributes and other monetary donations please call or visit: 314-993-1000 or donate here .