Friendly Visitors (Community Chaplaincy Program)
Community Chaplaincy Program provides older adults with a link to the Jewish community and to their Jewish spiritual traditions by offering religious, social, and emotional support services. Volunteers are matched with residents and facilities where they will be most comfortable and can have the greatest impact. Volunteers in this program reduce isolation, promote positive aging and maintain a connection to Jewish heritage and community.
Volunteers meet one-to-one with their assigned client monthly, for a few hours. The time or day you share with your client is flexible and is up to you and your client to decide. All volunteers will receive program specific training and continuing support from our JF&CS chaplains.
- Commit to visiting and providing a supportive presence for your client on a regular basis.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all personal and sensitive client information.
- Maintain open communication with Community Chaplains of any client status changes.
- Commit to volunteering for at least one year.
- At least 18 years old (or 10-17 with the ability to volunteer with an adult).
- Complete all required paperwork and screenings.
- Attend required interview and program specific training.