Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry
The Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry (HKJFP) provides food, personal care items and community resource referrals to help people through difficult times. Volunteers serving in our food pantry help families with food insecurity feel welcome, safe, supported and cared for during their visit.
Volunteer as aâ€¦
HKJFP Shoppers assist clients with their item selections in the pantry. Volunteers work directly with clients throughout their shopping experience, helping them make choices regarding products based on their eligibility and family size in an efficient, friendly manner.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all personal and sensitive client information.
- Good communication, customer service skills, and ability to follow guidelines.
- Standing on a concrete floor, walking and lifting.
- Commit to a regular schedule and to volunteer at least one year.
- At least 18 years old.
- Complete all required paperwork and screenings.
- Attendance at required interview and program specific training.