Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry
The Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry (HKJFP) provides food, personal care items and community resource referrals to help people through difficult times. Volunteers serving in our food pantry help families with food insecurity feel welcome, safe, supported and cared for during their visit.
Volunteer as a.
HKJFP Sorter-Stockers assist with maintaining organization in warehouse, sorting, receiving areas and restocking shelves in the shopping area. Volunteers sort both perishable and non-perishable food items, and evaluate products for freshness and suitability, disposing of items per instructions from Inventory Specialist. Duties also include assisting with cleaning boxes, tables and other items used in the pantry.
- Standing, lifting, walking, bending, while working in warehouse setting.
- Follow Food Handling and Safety Procedures set forth by the HKJFP.
- At least 18 years old (or 10-17 with the ability to volunteer with an adult).
- Completion of all required paperwork and screenings.
- Attendance at required interview and program specific trainings.